Sometimes I forget…..then I remember Ah Yes I Am a Mum…
- Going to the supermarket on your own is seriously exciting. Seeing the specials make you smile and buy things you may never need or use.
- Picking up another human and smelling their butt a least a million times a day.
- A glass of wine a day is included in the 8 glass we are recommended. I swear that glass does such a great job!
- Having a shower on your own with the door closed is like being at a retreat for a whole day.
- Rather than changing your clothes after someone spews on you, you grab baby wipes and give it a quick wipe down. If it’s still visible we have a great way of pretending it’s not there. Pop a little more perfume on haha
- Cold coffee, hot coffee is overrated! I’m sure cold is better for digestion anyway.
- We have fairly high pain threshold. (We are women after all 😉 ) However standing on pieces of Lego takes pain to a whole new level. That shit kills! OUCH!!!!
- We use baby wipes to clean up everything. From a quick dust of the mantel to coffee rings on the bench. They are fabulous!
- Cooking a fabulous 3 course meal…….I don’t think so!! Cooking dinner, on the phone chatting with headphones, feeding 3 kids at once and folding washing. This my normal 5pm daily routine. It’s bloody crazy!
- If I sit too long my butt gets really sore. I’m not used to it any more haha
- I go through Napisan like no tomorrow. I think out of habit I put that in with every wash. Even for our dog’s blanket. She isn’t impressed with me when I return her washed blanket.
- If all three boys are having tantrums I grab the vacuum cleaner out and just turn it on, they shut up real quick. Then we can commence with our tower building, happy days.
- When I look in the fridge and see tubs and tubs of yogurt. It’s the ‘go to’ food when the little monkeys are being difficult eaters.
- When I say the line ‘Because I said so’ I really feel like a mumma! I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way!!
You take a minute and think what it takes to be a mum or dad. Lots of time, effort, sleepless nights, sacrifices and most of all the love. The love is like no other. When you’re wiping that vomit or running on 2 hours sleep it’s hard to enjoy being a parent. Then you think of that love this little person gives and you share. It is fantastically AWESOME!!
Happy Hump Day People!!